Oct 07, 2008 2:34pm Bobby Sansone

Burress...

...is on the trading block.

He has finished in the Top 10 in receiving each of the past three years and is the top WR on one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL. At 31, he is in his prime and with a big new contract and the suspension behind him, he is in the prime of his career. But I don't need to sell Plaxico any further, he will sell himself.

Don't sit back and say "Ah, the Chickens have the YFFL Championship wrapped up this year. I'm not going to trade [insert offer here] for him." Do you think any of us were thinking the Refugees or White Guys would win the league title the last two seasons at the Week 5 point in the season!?!?!? I don't think so. As for the Chickens, if you don't think you need Burress because your team is "stacked", well, your team has been "stacked" for years but you don't have anything to show for it.

The point is. Your season is what you make of it. Yeah, you might have to give up a decent young player or a 1st round draft pick but at least you know what you're getting in return and don't have to rely on "potential".

I'll be listening to offers over the next week or so and will be fair to everyone.

I'm looking for a young RB in the Maurice Jones-Drew or Felix Jones mold or a conditional first round draft pick next year (we'll work out the "conditions").

I also have Jake Delhomme available at a much cheaper price if you are not satisfied with your current QB situation.